Tuesday, May 23, 2017

TO SWIM WITH THE TIDE.

Hi friends,


To expect me to be modern at this age is ridiculous. I agree many old people are modern. I do not know how they have changed. But my mind set up is different. My attitude does not cooperate. I have accepted 50% to modern views. I am trying to accept the balance of 50%.


My belief in culture, tradition, respect to elders, morals, belief in epics is strong. Over the years, I have accepted from saree to churidar and to jeans. Is it not change in attitude? The only thing I find it difficult to accept is exposing, enticing, and inviting dresses of both men and women.


I should learn to swim with the tide. I have been to the US thrice. I find people over there wear dresses according to the weather. In summer, one can see people 90% exposed and 10%covered. In winter it is 90% covered and 10% exposed. There is similarity in dressing among all people.


But India is a tropical country and the rule applicable to America may not apply to India. However, Indians in America have to follow that culture. It is said when you are in Rome you must be a Roman. But they also follow the same culture when they visit India. 


It is caught up with the younger generation in India. They say dressing is one's personal matter and there should be no interference. Old people like me find it difficult to accept this change all of a sudden and we are slowly learning to accept.


If we do not swim with the tide we will only be suffering and not the water. Most of the old people do not understand this and they claim that they are correct. They are wrong. We must learn to accept the developments and try to swim along with the tide to safeguard ourselves.


No comments :

Post a Comment