Saturday, May 27, 2017

MY BEST HALF

Hi friends,


My wife and myself have lived together for 44 years so far. Still, I am an idiot in not understanding her. Sometimes it looks as if she loves me to the core of her heart. Some other time it seems she does not care for me at all. I am like the cat on the wall. I don't know whether all men are in the same boat.


We have finished all our responsibilities to our children. They are well settled in life. Our grandchildren are nice to us. Our children don't allow us to spend and our money is growing. Still, she wants to be economical in spite of my telling her to be free in spending. But she does not listen.


She has suffered a lot since our marriage. I want her to enjoy life now. I would like to take her to various places, temples etc so that she is happy. But she prefers to remain at home. She continues to be a workaholic. She wants to help the daughter in law and to look after the granddaughter.


On school days, my DIL gets up early as her child has to go to school at 7 AM. Naturally, on holidays she wants to relax and gets up late. My wife gets up early and helps her in all the domestic chores. Both of them are friendly and get along well with each other which is more important.


One day till 7 AM,  my wife did not get up from the bed. I thought she was tired and slept. When I observed her, she was having a temperature. She got upon seeing me. When she went for brushing she vomited. After some time she had coffee and again she vomited. The temperature was high. 


I was much worried. She came to the hospital on my compulsion. The doctor suggested many tests and it was found to be a viral infection. She was given antibiotics and advised complete rest and fluid diet. Suddenly the cheer in everyone's face had vanished and gloom descended into the house.


She was of sound health. She never had a fever in her life. She did not reveal even a headache. She was shivering a lot due to the fever. I covered her with a blanket. She rested her head on my chest and slept for a while. I remained sleepless so that she can sleep. My heart bled to see her condition.


I gave her the medicines on time. I held her head when she vomited. To make her drink fluid diet was a Himalayan task. She took a little quantity. She had become pale and weak. She had lost all her charm. She had gone down a lot in one week. In early life it is love and in the later life, it is care. 


She went to the restroom 3 or 4 times in the night. Every time I had to help her to get down from the bed and to hold her all the way. The temperature came down after 3 days and vomiting stopped. She started sweating on the 5th day. She was again cheerful on the 7th day. Everyone was happy.


You have a unique satisfaction when you take care of a sick person especially your wife. It is more satisfying than the feeling when you make love to her. Some people get irritated when the wife falls sick. God will not forgive them. When you have a right to claim you have a duty to perform.








No comments :

Post a Comment