Tuesday, May 30, 2017

NOSTALGIA

Hi friends,

This morning, I was having my food. My wife and DIL were also dining with me. My granddaughter, who already had her meals, was standing beside me. I eat only after she had her food. While eating, I used to give her a share from my plate. She may accept or reject depending upon her mood and taste. 


I use dentures because I had given all my teeth to the Lord. Those who have good teeth do not know the problems of people using dentures. Dentures are sharper than normal teeth. One must be careful while chewing the food. It should be balanced on both sides. Otherwise, the tongue or the lips will get cut. 


Accidentally, I got my tongue cut. There was blood. I showed it to my granddaughter for fun. You must see her expression. It is difficult to describe in words. She was bewildered initially, then she started crying and urged her mother to apply for some medicines. Oh, what a lovely experience. I felt as if I can get my tongue cut again and again.


I also have two grandsons through my daughter. When they were small kids it was a wonderful feeling to be with them, to cuddle with them, to sleep with them, to tell them stories, and to observe their expressions. After they grew up, the younger fellow was bold enough to tell me that he was fed up with my stories.


Every day, I used to prostrate before the Lord  3 times. First, before morning coffee, the next after morning bath and the third after an evening bath. Due to my age, I did it only like ladies. When I prostrated, the elder fellow jumped on my back followed by the younger. My wife shouted at them but my daughter simply smiled and enjoyed the scene.


Years passed by and I visited them in the US. One day, I saw the elder fellow lying on a couch. To give it back to him in the same coin, I jumped on him and the little fellow followed me, both crushing the elder fellow. This time my wife smiled and enjoyed the scene but my daughter shouted at me not to harm her kids


No comments :

Post a Comment