Saturday, May 20, 2017

EXTENDING ADVICE TO OTHERS

Hi friends,


EXTENDING ADVICE


It is human tendency to give unsolicited advice. People do not wish to seek advice from others. Normally, I don't advice anyone including my children, unless it is requested. However, there are certain exceptional cases. If I am impressed with the looks or body language or respectful words of a person, I advise them only three points.


1. For a school going student, I advise him to study well as education is important to him. 

2. For a college-going student, I say if he works hard for four years he can enjoy life for 40 years. If he enjoys for 4 years he will have to work hard for 40 years. I leave it to his choice.

3. If he is settled in life, whether married or not, I tell him to take care of his parents and to make them happy. 

4. If anyone seeks advice with all sincerity, I tell them what my father had told me. Do your duty without likes and dislikes, make your parents happy, help the poor and then pray to God. Am I correct?


ENGLISH LANGUAGE


After the advent of the Internet and electronic gadgets like computers, cellphone, WhatsApp etc, writing of letters and reading of books have gone into oblivion. The Queen's English is no longer used and the slang has taken over its place. Literary beauty and style of writing cannot be enjoyed now. All communications are computer-centric.


I am an old goose and I am unable to understand the modern trend in writing. Eg-lolz. I have read many books and I am fascinated by the style of Swami Parthasarathy and John Grisham. The former writes about spiritualism and the latter novels based on law. I love their style of writing and the flow of the language. 


Their writing is simple and easy to understand. I read certain portions of their books many times so that I get into their style. I have developed my writing mostly based on their style. That does not mean I don't read or like other's books. I read them also but I don't get the satisfaction I get from those two authors.












No comments :

Post a Comment