Wednesday, May 24, 2017

OLD IS NO LONGER GOLD

Hi friends,


The intelligent young who are below 40, learn so many things on different platforms by meeting people of different lifestyle and mindset. I am open to disclose my age as 73. I wish to say a few words to some of my young friends.  I am nearly twice as old as you. I have lived my life. I am waiting for the D-day. There is nothing for me to earn or learn excepting meeting a peaceful death.


Education gives knowledge. Age gives wisdom and attitude gives character. Our views do not remain constant. It keeps changing due to intellectual growth. I used to say "I was like you but you can never be like me" because I would have reached another level. Now I am totally a different person from what  I was 40 years earlier. I don't know how and why this change has occurred. 


One day you will also be like that. You will not remain the same permanently. For a good relationship, there must be good understanding and good communication. If any statement is said or written in the first person singular, I, it is the view of the individual. You may or may not agree. But you cannot show negative reaction. For Eg. I love God.  


For all other statements, you may object depending on the age and relationship of the person. To counter, oppose, dispute, argue, object, confront, defy, retort, repudiate and contradict are some of the traits of being young. Instead, you can introspect and try to find a reason.  If you find him meaningless you may just ignore him as a wastrel instead of hurting his feelings.


He cannot get into your soul and think in the same way as you think. He can only think according to his intellect, education, experience, and exposure. You can find the grandchildren going along with their grandparents but not the children. It is because of ego. You don't like to accept, adjust and accommodate. You always want to win. You don't want to lose or concede.


They are old. They have no future but only a miserable past. Have some sympathy. Show restraint. After all, what are you going to lose? You are just making an old soul happy. You can put it in the politest way possible. You can say you are unable to agree with him instead of establishing your viewpoint. He is no longer going to gain anything for his future. I hope you understand my point. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.






No comments :

Post a Comment