Tuesday, May 2, 2017

RIGHT FROM THE HEART

Hi friends,


AN IDEAL FATHER


The wedding was over. The guests started leaving. Only close relatives remained. The fragrance of the silk Sarees, flowers and perfumes faded away in the air. After a heavy dinner, people were relaxing in different corners of the hall. It was afternoon. The bridegroom was resting on a sofa in the hall deeply thinking about his future life. He was alone and this was the time. 


As the father of the bride, I approached him. After some pleasantries, I told him if he did not mistake me, I wanted three promises from him. When the SIL asked me what were they, I said, 


1. Do not desert your parents in support of my daughter. 

2. Do not get into any bad habits like smoking, drinking alcohol, contacts with women even for fun.

3. Make my daughter happy. Do not bring tears in her eyes. 


The SIL agreed and I was happy.


I then went to my daughter. She was busy packing her baggage to leave for her new home. After some pleasantries, I asked her four promises. When my daughter asked me what were they, I said, 


1. Love your husband to the core of your heart. 

2. Strive for the unity of his family. Do not be responsible for the separation of your husband from his parents. 

3. Women weep outside but men weep inside. Solve your problems on the same day and do not carry it over to the next day. 

4. In case you are physically, mentally, financially, emotionally or intellectually tortured, do not continue to stay there for my happiness. Please come back and I will take care of you. 


The daughter agreed and I was happy.


THIN LINE BETWEEN LOVE AND SYMPATHY


For a parent, both the son and daughter are similar to their two eyes. There is no doubt about it. However, the longing for the married daughter is slightly more because she has gone to a different family. Some daughters are fortunate enough to be in the same place where their parents live and they can visit each other mutually.


Where the daughters live in a different place it is difficult to visit. Parents who are not employed can visit their daughter once in a while. Whereas, parents who are working or aged may not be able to do so. In such cases, only the daughter can visit them. If the daughter has a school-going child or if she is employed, then it is also difficult for her to visit whenever she likes, excepting during Christmas or summer holidays.


In case she has aged in-laws, she cannot leave them alone to go to her parents. The love of the maternal grandparents is equally great. If her in-laws voluntarily ask her to go, when she was free, then it shows their love for her. If they allow her to go on her request, then it is out of sympathy. If they do not permit her to go even after her request it should be condemned. That is the difference between love and sympathy.


MISSING


My granddaughter is always active. She never gives any trouble to anyone. She minds her business. Her parents, grandmother, and aunt have got her different playthings. You can always find her busy reading books, playing with dolls, building houses, drawing pictures, cutting pictures and pasting it, listening to kids songs etc. The house is scattered with her playthings all over. Neither her parents nor the grandmother is bothered about it. Being a disciplinarian, I get annoyed but I keep my mouth shut.


I have to be very careful while walking inside the house as I may stumble upon anything anytime. Now, she has gone to her maternal grandparent's house for summer vacation. No item is now scattered on the floor. The house is neat, tidy and clean. I need not be careful while walking. But I miss my granddaughter. Where is she? I don't mind the house to be shabby. But I need her. I want to play with her. I want to see her smiling face. I miss her badly. Bring her soon.


No comments :

Post a Comment