Sunday, May 14, 2017

THIS SAMBAR IS SWEET

Hi friends,


I know for certain that I am very ignorant as far as taste is concerned. I eat only to satiate my hunger and not for the taste. I do not know how a dish is prepared nor the ingredients put into it. 


When I was young, my father used to advise me a lot about wasting food, asking for more quantity, eating all items equally, washing one's plate, etc. Those things had gone into my head. So I don't eat for the taste. 


I remember an incident when I was studying in college. When I came home in the afternoon for lunch, I told my mother that the sambar was sweet in the morning but it was sour now. She said she forgot to put salt in the morning. 


Such was my ignorance about taste and I did not bother to improve upon it. During the 43 years of my married life also whenever my wife asked me for an opinion about the food she had prepared I only said it was wonderful. 


I never criticized nor appreciated on my own because I was totally ignorant. When she found anything wrong with her preparation later, she used to chide me for my ignorance. But she continued to ask me for opinion. 


You may not agree with me and would advise me to learn it. I don't think it is necessary because I look at only two aspects. 1. The efforts she takes to prepare the food for me. 2. The love with which she serves the food for me? That is all.






No comments :

Post a Comment