Monday, May 15, 2017

ADOLESCENCE

Hi friends,


During my walk this morning, I saw a young boy, say about 18, waiting for the college bus. When I walked past him, I saw cigarette burning within his fingers. I hesitated for a moment as I never used to extend advice unless it is asked for. 


However, I could not resist since I was only doing something good for him. I explained to him in detail all the consequences of smoking. He listened to me patiently without any argument until I finished talking. But I noticed he never threw off the cigarette in his hand.


When a person smokes a cigarette, a small quantity of Nicotine is added to his blood. He feels some intoxication and happiness. He enjoys it. That enjoyment is the root cause of all problems. 


When the nicotine content in his blood goes down, he longs for intoxication and wants to smoke another cigarette. Slowly the number of cigarettes gets increased and he does not find a way either to control it or to stop it. He becomes an addict to smoking.


During the adolescent period, a person gets into three bad habits viz., smoking, cinema, and infatuation. Alcohol and drugs come later in life. A mentally matured person will not get into bad habits as he knows the consequences. 


Mostly boys when they enter the college get into these bad habits due to their association with bad elements. Parents instead of worrying about their marks should worry about their getting into bad habits and advise them suitably not to get associated with such students. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.



No comments :

Post a Comment