Thursday, May 11, 2017

THE FOUR MISTAKES OF MY LIFE

Hi friends,


Decision making is important for success in life. A proper decision not taken at the proper time and place will definitely affect one's life. I miserably failed to take correct decisions in my life on four occasions. My life would have been different if I had taken the correct decisions on those occasions.


1. In the 60s, admission to engineering courses was difficult. There were only a few govt colleges. Hence a 3-year diploma course in engineering was started. I was admitted to a premier institution. I could have done AMIE further. But I did not have an interest in engineering. Hence I did not fare well and failed miserably. That was the first mistake of my life.


2. In 1980, at the age of 35, with great difficulty, I constructed a house. I was just breaking even when my FIL gave my wife some money as her share of his property. I never wanted to make use of her jewels or cash. Otherwise, I would have constructed the first floor. Both floors would have improved my financial condition. It was the second mistake of my life.


3. In 1992, I got a good job in Hyderabad. I rejected the counteroffer from the company where I was working. I could not manage the new job due to the lack of knowledge in Telugu. I had to leave the job. I could not get a better one as I was only a graduate. So leaving a good job at the prime age of 47 with two children was the third mistake of my life.


Before I was 56, all my savings had been spent on children's education, daughter's wedding, and family expenses. I was jobless and also penny less. My children came to my rescue by giving their entire earnings for 15 years. If my daughter was like the engine, my son was like petrol. We lived on the interest income and within 15 years, we could save what they had given to us.  


4. In 2017, when I was 72 and my wife was 69, we decided to join with our son at Hyderabad on their invitation. While my wife is able to go along with the children, I still longed for independent life especially in a place where I do not know the local language. As all the activities are taken care of by the children, I am unable to keep myself engaged and I have to be idle all the time. This was the fourth mistake of my life. I can only cry now.





No comments :

Post a Comment