Wednesday, May 3, 2017

MOSTLY RELEVANT

ALZHEIMER


Alzheimer is the worst that can happen to an old soul. It is the drying of the brain. There is no cure and it aggravates further after you are 60. You must take steps to keep your brain active to avoid or delay this deadly problem.


Reading books, writing articles, walking both morning and evening, doing puja and uttering slokas, visiting friends and relatives, going to temples/pilgrimage, napping a little, socializing on Internet, watching classic movies, listening to soul-stirring music especially Carnatic, playing with children or pets, caring and sharing small domestic chores, learning and doing Yoga daily, playing sudoku, attending discourses, are some of the traits which I can suggest to others.


APPLE CIDER VINEGAR


I am tired. How long I can sit before the laptop and read friends' posts?. My back is paining. I closed the laptop and lied down on my cot. The body is at rest but the mind is wandering. How long I can stare at the ceiling?. After the articles, the next one that comes to my mind is music.


I can reasonably sing well but alone. I fine-tune my vocal cords by taking Apple Cider Vinegar. I mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with 200 ml of water and drink it daily at 6 PM. You must be very careful while swallowing it. It improves gut acidity and gives good Brigaas in the vocal chord. If you are a singer you can try. 


WREN & MARTIN


It is not a brand name like Louis & Phillip, Peter England, Reid & Taylor etc, or Baskin Robbins. It is a book. I don't know whether it is available in the market now. It was a book which the present-day grandfathers dreaded during their school days.


It is a Bible for English grammar. Commencing from alphabet, consonant, vowel, word, sentence, subject, predicate, object, verb, noun, pronoun, adverb, adjective, gerund, clauses, tenses, active/passive voices, direct/indirect speech, punctuation, conjunction, interjection, paraphrasing, precis-writing, comprehension, letter/essay writing, synonyms, antonyms, usage, etc, it teaches everything about grammar.


I used to give this book a gift to students who were studying 10th to 12th std. The price ranged from Rs. 20 to 110 when I last purchased. It is the most valuable book for grammar.



No comments :

Post a Comment