Sunday, December 2, 2018

DETACHMENT 60%

My wife needed a 9-yard sari since the old one has lost its sheen.  As we are new to this place, we requested our son whether he can take us to the Nalli shop in Somajiguda, only where this sari will be available. He agreed and it was decided to leave at 4 PM and to have dinner also in the hotel after the purchase.


I used to sit on the passenger seat, my wife and DIL on the rear with our granddaughter in between. This is the arrangement decided by my DIL as she felt that I would be comfortable in the front. At Nalli, we got a beautiful 9-yard silk-cotton sari, with attached blouse, in parrot green with magenta border. The price was reasonable at Rs.2000.


Then, we proceeded to the Chutney restaurant, which is famous for its quality. The food is very costly. Though the cost is beyond my reasoning, I kept quiet as it is my son's wish and I do not want to interfere. Many people used to wait for their seat. Though costly, my son is particular about this restaurant and he does not like to go elsewhere.


We had a sumptuous dinner and it was followed by Ice cream. I didn't have ice cream for health reasons. However, I requested them to go ahead as my granddaughter would be greatly disappointed and my wife was also fond of ice cream. We were all happy as everything went on well as planned and we returned to the car.


When I was about to take my seat, my granddaughter wanted to sit on my lap. I gladly agreed. It was both a pleasure and pain which I had to endure. At that time, I accidentally noticed a gold plated Lord Ganesha idol and a Cross fixed over the dashboard. Though I respect other religions, I am a firm believer of Hindu religion and its philosophy and I am a follower of Paramacharya. 


I thought of inquiring into his belief and to advise him about the glory of our religion. If he does not agree with me, I will be unhappy. After 45 minutes, the car reached home and even then I could not decide.  It was 10 PM, already late to go to bed. Lying on my bed, I finally decided not to intervene or to interfere with his likes and dislikes. Then I calmly fell into a deep sleep.


NOTE: In bringing up the children, I always used the carrots. When my son was a child, I taught him about health. When he went to school, I explained to him about education. When he was an adult, I cautioned him about getting into vices. When he got married, I advised him how to live life happily.  My job was then over and he has to carry on. I cannot carry him on my shoulders indefinitely. How much the son loves you or hates you is the result of 28 years of upbringing.


No comments :

Post a Comment