Sunday, September 3, 2017

ON A PAY DAY

Payday is a special day for everyone. You may have sufficient money, even then, payday is a pleasure. It will be a paradise when it falls on a Friday followed by the weekend. The husband and wife start planning on Friday itself about their program for the next two days. They may go for a picnic or movie or visit friends or relatives etc. You get a thrill in it.

My son was no exception. On a payday, a Friday, he also started planning similarly with our daughter-in-law. She told him to discuss the matter with his mother. When he asked his mother whether he could book tickets for the Tamil movie VIVEKAM, she rejected it saying that the review for the movie was not good.


I entered the scene unauthorized. When I inquired what was happening, my wife told me about the discussions. I think from the viewpoint of others. Though old, I was still young at heart. I remembered the opportunities I missed when I was young. I could not enjoy due to financial constraints and that my father did not like to go for movies.


We get our children married only to enjoy life and not to sacrifice everything for the sake of the parents. I was sure that my son and DIL would not go for the movie leaving us at home. I told my son that it was long since I saw an Ajit movie, and asked him to go ahead booking tickets for all of us on Saturday or Sunday.


You must be present at the scene, physically, to see the happiness in the faces of my son and DIL and the smile they exchanged between them. In no time, my son booked the tickets online for Sunday morning show since in Hyderabad we have only one show for Tamil movies.





No comments :

Post a Comment