Tuesday, April 3, 2018

THE TELEPHONE AND ME

The cellphone has become an integral part of everyday life. Good communication is important to succeed in life. The telephone and cellphone have become obsolete and I-phone has taken over its place. I wish to narrate my association with one of the most modern gadgets in my life.

I am neither a pauper nor a prince. God has given me only what I needed and nothing more or nothing less. I can go for only the necessities of life and I cannot afford comforts and luxuries. For me, the telephone is a luxury. Only at the age of 59, I owned a telephone. 


Even after owning a telephone, I am more calculative in controlling the expenses than in enjoying the instrument and hence I earned the wrath of my wife and children. I do not like people talking endlessly over the phone, wasting their life.


I parted with the telephone after the advent of the cellphone. I have the cheapest and simplest model of the cellphone. I never wished to own the latest model with Internet connections etc., as I do not know the techniques of handling an I-phone.


I have more income to spend on the phone now. But habits never die. Myself and my wife hardly make any call though we have many people to contact. With no communication and personal visit, we feel isolated. We find others are also in the same boat.


I wonder at the present younger generation talking endlessly on cellphone and enjoying their life as personal contact is impossible nowadays. With age catching up and physical ailments adding to it, I doubt whether I have failed to make use of this wonderful instrument.

No comments :

Post a Comment