Wednesday, December 4, 2019

THE INVITATION

Many years back, when I was young, a very close relative of my wife, fixed the wedding of his daughter. He sent me an invitation. But he failed to send the invitation to my mother. I was not happy. I decided not to attend the wedding. 

Meanwhile, my wife had talked to him over the phone and on her request, he sent an invitation to my mother. I sent my wife to the wedding but I did not attend. I firmly believe that an invitation is an honour and the elders in the family should be respected.

Whenever I send an invitation to a relative, I always mention the name of the elder person in the family or I send a separate invitation for the elder if he is a close relative. In the case of friends, we may or may not follow this rule.

Only important and close people should be invited. Everyone is not a relative or friend. Only people with blood relations are relatives and only people in whose family we have dined mutually are our friends. 

When invitees are reduced, the expenditure proportionately comes down. When I conduct a function in my house, I always see that the income is more than the expenditure and the gifts are 70% of the expense. I have a thumb-rule for finalizing the invitees. 

1. My parents and in-laws. 
2. Living sambandhis of parents.
3. My sambandhis. 
4. My brothers and sisters
5. Wife's brothers and sisters
6. Their married children.
7. Close friends. 
8. Neighbours. 

[friends and neighbours are invited only for the wedding day]

No comments :

Post a Comment