Thursday, December 5, 2019

ANGER

Once, Shri Adhi Sankara was on his way seeking Biksha. He stood before a house and called "Bavathi Bikshaan Dhehi" meaning please give me alms.

A lady from the house came out and shouted at him. She said "You look hale and healthy. Why do you take alms? Why can't you work and earn?"

Adhi Sankara stood his ground without saying a word in reply. The lady accused him further with derogatory words with anger. 

Even then Sankara stood calmly. When the lady asked him "Don't you get what I say? Don't you have any brain? Don't you hear my words? Are you deaf?

Adhi Sankara told her, Mother, only if I am willing to receive, you can give anything to me. When I am not willing to receive, how can you give me? I am not receiving even your anger" Then he proceeded on his way to the next house.


No comments :

Post a Comment