Thursday, December 12, 2019

AFTER ALL

After crossing 70 years in my life, what sort of feeling I have in me? You may find the following lines very interesting which I would like to share with you.

1) After my parents, siblings, spouse, children, and friends I have started to love myself. After all, my happiness is more important now.

2) I have realized that I am not the only one on earth. The world does not rest on my shoulders. After all, I am just another human being.

3) I have stopped bargaining with vegetables & fruits vendors. After all, a few Rupees extra is not going to burn a hole in my pocket but it might help the poor fellow.

4) I leave the cab/auto without asking for the change. The extra money might bring a smile on their face. After all, they are toiling much harder than me for a living.

5) I do not tell the elderly that they have already narrated that story many times. After all, telling the story makes them walk down their memory lane & relive the past.

6) I have learned not to correct people even when I know they are wrong. After all, the onus of making everyone perfect is not on me. Peace is more precious than perfection.

7) I compliment others freely & generously without any hesitation. After all, it is a mood enhancer not only for the recipient but also for me

8) I have learned not to bother about a crease or a spot on my dress. It came without my knowledge. After all, personality speaks louder than appearances.

9) I walk away from people who don't value me. They may lack how to evaluate. After all, they might not know my worth, but I do know what I am.

10) I remain cool when someone plays dirty politics to outrun me in the rat race. After all, I am neither a rat nor I am in any race with them.

11) I am learning not to be embarrassed by my emotions. Emotion is a part of life. After all, it's my emotions that make me human.

12) I have learned that it is better to drop the ego than to break a relationship. After all, my ego will keep me aloof whereas with relationships I will never be alone*.

13) Nowadays, I have learned how to live every day as if it's the last day of my life. After all, there may not be a tomorrow for me.

14) I am doing what makes me happy. After all, I am responsible for my happiness, and I owe it to me.


No comments :

Post a Comment