Sunday, April 9, 2017

FIRST CHILDBIRTH

Hi friends,


The birth of the first child gives a lot of concern not only to the parents but also to the grandparents. I am no exception. When I got my first grandson, I cannot explain in words, the condition I was in. As usual. the contraction started at midnight and with great difficulty and in the pouring heavy rain we reached the hospital 20 KMS away.


My daughter suffered the whole day and the doctor advised us that the delivery would take place only in the evening. Spending some time in my brother's house nearby, we came back to the hospital in the evening. She was taken to the labor room. We could sense how much she was suffering and she was hiding it from us by bearing the pain. 


After a few minutes, it was unbearable for her, and we were praying to all Gods. I wonder why God has given the women suffering like that. Finally, a beautiful baby boy was delivered. The doctor came out and informed us that it was safe delivery as promised. Her next advice was quite surprising. 


She told us to get my daughter two bottles of chilled Fanta. When we asked for clarification, she clearly repeated it again. It is a belief for generations that the mother after childbirth should not be given cold items for two months. But the doctor was insisting on it.


My brother went out and got five bottles of chilled Fanta of which we had one each and the two were sent inside the labor room. Contrary to the belief, nothing happened to my daughter and she was asked to take normal food with potatoes, etc. Doctors are different.


No comments :

Post a Comment