Sunday, April 9, 2017

TO CALL A SPADE A SPADE

Hi friends,


Recently, a woman calling herself a feminist condemned my article "A Ph.D. DAUGHTER IN LAW". She used disparaging and uncharacteristic remarks against me and called me a male chauvinist. Another man, also in support of women's liberation, attributed  I have patriarchal and regressive views. When I issued a rejoinder to my post mentioning the qualities of a SON IN LAW, the lady did not even respond but the man had the courtesy to say it was excellent and withdrew his remarks.


A male chauvinist is a man who believes that women are less important, intelligent, or abler than men and does not treat men and women equally. A feminist is one who supports feminism which is for the advancement of political, economic, personal, and social rights for women including equal opportunities in education and employment. In society, both man and woman are important. Just because women were treated badly in the past, the men should not be treated in the same way now in retaliation.


Generally, only men stand against feminism.  Nowadays even men are fighting for the cause of women. Can you call them feminists?. You will never find a woman supporting the cause of men. Feminism and male hating are different. I am neither a feminist nor a male chauvinist. I am neutral. I am for both. They exist only in pairs. Lord Siva is a typical example. He has the woman on his left half. Male/female, man/woman, boy/girl, father/mother, brother/sister, husband/wife, boyfriend/girlfriend, son/daughter, grandson/granddaughter, all of them are twins. You cannot separate them.


Most of my articles center around family only. I have a lot of concern about family, its members, its happiness and its survival. According to me, a family is the fulcrum of life and everything moves around it. The family values are slowly deteriorating due to western culture and western education. Many people are talking about "live-in relationship" and are fearing about further developments. When the family is ruined, the worst affected are the parents. They have no other place to go except old age homes which are increasing in number. We should bear this in mind.


I write in support of both women and men. I have my views as you have your own. People should view the content only and should not have a biased view of my intention. A feminist may not like my writing in support of the man and male chauvinist may not like my writing in support of the woman. The fault lies in your attitude and not in my writing. I request you to see the fairness in the presentation and not in assessing what type of man I am. I also request you to have a wide perspective on any issues.


A writer has the responsibility to wake up people and to make them understand the reality. He should be bold enough to call a spade a spade. He should be impartial. He should strive only for the development of society. He should not mind about the critics. He must ignore them and proceed in the right path without fear or fervour, However, he should present his views in the politest way without instigating personal feelings.  MAY GOD BLESS YOU.


No comments :

Post a Comment