Thursday, April 27, 2017

MEMORABLE MEMORIES

DR.TION


When I was studying in 7th std, my English teacher Mr. Rajeshwara Rao used to teach English poems written by Keats, Shelly, Wordsworth, and others. I had a great interest in poetry. At the age of 12, I ran a handwritten magazine in Tamil with the title KALANJIYAM meaning granary. The teacher used to prepare a speech and encouraged me to perform on the stage on the annual school day.


I still remember a speech under the caption "DR.TION". The entire speech contained words ending with "tion", Eg. "Examination is a botheration to the student generation. The anticipation and expectation of the older generation is just an imagination" it goes on like that. Being a Board High School he did not stay long and he went elsewhere.


PNEUMOCOCCAL VACCINE:


Vaccination is the best way to prevent pneumococcal disease, especially at old age. There are two different types of pneumococcal vaccine. One that protects adults against 23 strains of Streptococcus pneumonia bacteria is called pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccine (PPSV23), and it is marketed under the brand name Pneumovax. The other one is for kids.


Myself and my wife had this vaccination [PPSV23]. It costs Rs. 1500/ per dose. It is imported from Merck Netherlands. There was no pain, no fever, and nothing. It is just an ordinary injection. All the people above 60 should take this vaccine. It is not life long. You will have to get it done after every three years.


SPIRITUALISM

A teacher is one who teaches a subject.

A believer is one who believes in a subject.

A follower is one who follows the principles.

A preacher is one who is all the above three.


I am only a believer. My understanding of spiritualism is different. Without renunciation, there is no realization. As it is very difficult to follow, I don't practice it. Nowadays, everyone starts preaching spiritualism. As my belief is firm, I don't need any guidance from any source.





No comments :

Post a Comment