Sunday, April 23, 2017

THE PROPERTY OF A FATHER

Hi friends,


The father was on his death bed. His children were around him. With great difficulty, he talked to them to say that he was sorry to leave them. He was sorry that he could not give them any property. With tears in his eye, he wished them a happy, healthy and peaceful life.


He told them that hard work, self-control, integrity, discipline and fear of God were important to go up in life. His first son told him that he was tired of his lectures. He said you called others as corrupt and thieves of public funds who had given their children houses and properties.


He scolded him in damaging words. "It is unfortunate you do not have a pie in the bank. You have no house and you live in a rented one. How can you expect us to follow your footsteps? How can we emulate you? We shall decide on our path". Hearing this the old man died.


A few months later, the first son went for an interview in a multinational company. At the interview, the Chairman of the committee asked him,


"Who is your father..??"

He replied,

"I am Krish Patel. My father Arvind Patel  is no more."

The Chairman stood up and exclaimed,

"O my God, you are Mr. Arvind's son..?"


He turned to the other members of the committee and said,


"This man's father signed my membership form into the Institute of Administrators and his recommendation earned me where I am today. He did all these without any expectation. I didn't even know his address and he never knew me. He just did it for me.."


He turned to Krish,

"I have no questions for you, consider yourself as having selected for this job, come tomorrow, your letter will be waiting for you.."


Krish Patel became the Corporate Affairs Manager of the company with two Cars and a Driver, A duplex attached to the office, and a salary of Rs.1,00,000 per month excluding allowances and other costs.


After two years of working in the company, the MD of the company came from the US to announce his decision to resign and to select his successor. A person with high integrity was needed and the company's Consultant nominated Krish again.


In an interview, he was asked the secret of his success. With tears in his eyes, he replied, 

"My Daddy paved the way for me. It was after he died that I knew that he was financially poor but strikingly rich in integrity, discipline, and honesty".


He was asked again, why he is weeping like a kid when his father had passed away a long time back, he replied, 

"At the time of his death, I insulted my dad for dying without a pie in the bank and making his kids suffer. Now I understand how great his goodwill is. I hope he will forgive me now. I didn't deserve all these, he did it for me to just get it".


Finally, he was asked, "Will you follow your father's footsteps as he requested ?"

And his simple answer was, 

"l now adore my father, I have a big picture of him in my living room and at the entrance of my house. He deserves whatever I have after God".


Are you like Arvind Patel..? It is difficult to earn a name, the reward doesn't come quickly but it will come when it is due to you and it will last longer. Integrity, discipline, self-control, and fear of God make a man wealthy, not the fat bank account. Leave a good heritage for your children. God bless us all.



No comments :

Post a Comment