Wednesday, April 26, 2017

THIS IS WHAT I AM

Hi friends,


I AM  DIFFERENT.


All fingers are not alike, all people are not the same. I am different, reserved, do not move with another. It takes me time to accept a friend. Once I accept, I give my life. I do not hesitate to share anything and everything with him. I can understand a person by looking into his eyes, by observing his body language and by listening to his words.


I am proud and conservative. I prefer to be loved than to love. I have a firm belief. It may or may not be correct. I do not know how I acquired it. If anyone considers he is big, I am bigger than him. If anyone considers he is small, I am smaller than him. That is why I have only a few friends.


It is said friendship in early life lasts long. The five friends, I had during younger days, did not last after marriage. Their wives did not cooperate. True friendship is in the giving and not in receiving. I am tired of friends. They are not sincere, close, open, caring and sharing, and they are just opportunists, I am yet to find a true friend who will give his life for friendship.


I AM A DEAF.


People discriminate between the blind, the lame and the deaf. Their suffering is the same. One can see/feel their sufferings, but not that of a deaf. The sound of a car, the barking of a dog, the crying of a baby, the whistling of the wind, the music on the TV, he can hear nothing. 


There is only SILENCE for him. Nobody sympathizes with him. When a dog barks, you see the dog, hear the barking and feel its ferocity. it is life for him. Deaf can only see the dog but does not hear the barking nor feels its ferocity. it is DEAD for him. Have sympathy for them.


I am 90% deaf. I am using a hearing aid but it is of no avail. I do not wish to go in for sophisticated ones. Hearing unhealthy talks leads to various problems and it is better to enjoy the SILENCE. I can stop the other man from talking, just by switching off my hearing aid.


I AM AN INTERNET ADDICT


My daughter presented a laptop in 2013. I learned to handle the device. Though not 100%, I got the basics. I handled Emails. I get agitated when I do not receive replies. I expect a reply the moment I sent a mail. I do not realize then that it would take time for them to reply.


I started seeing movies on U Tube. Since I cannot hear, I can see only with subtitles. I have seen almost all the movies. Then, I entered the FaceBook. I got only my family members as friends. They are busy and were not active. Then my daughter opened a blog for me to write articles. 


I am caught into this vicious web. I am now spending more than six hours a day. I don't know when it is going to double. I have to create lame excuses to sit before the laptop. I am unable to sit idle and it is itching to go to the laptop. I realize I have become an ADDICT to the laptop.


I had healthy habits like exercising, walking, reading, visiting people, shopping, doing household works, playing with kids, joking with people etc etc. Now everything has gone into this Web. How and when I am going to recover from this problem is a big question mark. 





No comments :

Post a Comment