Monday, October 10, 2016

A GREAT MISTAKE

Hi friends,

When I was young,  my father advised me to learn Hindi. In 1965, when I was 20, the Hindi agitation was started in Tamil Nadu. Due to this, most of the Tamils could not learn the language. Hindi is next to English in usage in the world. I give below the details taken from Wikipedia.

English-365 million, Hindi-310 mn, Tamil-70 mn, Telugu-76 mn, Kannada-38 mn, Malayalam-38 mn.

Students are happy when they are asked not to study. If exams are canceled or schools are closed they are happy. Instead of starting "Hindi agitation, they should have started "Support to Tamil" so that students would have studied both languages.

Learning a language is different from accepting it as an official language. You are depriving people of becoming intelligent. You are spoiling their future. It is now more than 50 years and 90% of the Tamils [70 million] do not know Hindi. I am also one among them without knowledge of Hindi.

Whenever I have to deal with Hindi, I remember what my father told me and what I have missed in my life. Other states including Andhra, Karnataka, and Kerala [who speak Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam] studied Hindi and are working in various parts of the country. 

The Tamils are unable to move out of the state. When people from other states settled in Tamilnadu, the locals will lose job opportunities to them and there will be resentment among the Tamils. The standard of English is also poor. Without knowing these two languages getting jobs in other states is impossible.

There should be an awakening among our people to learn Hindi and English and to go out of this state to earn money. The educated should not be content with their children learning it. The poor and downtrodden do not know the value of it. 

They follow the politicians madly without knowing its implications. They are happy if they need not study. Only after growing up, they may realize. But it will be too late. There is no point in worshiping the Sun God after losing one's eyesight.

Without scoring high marks in TOEFL, one cannot go to a foreign country for a job. Similarly, without learning Hindi and English one cannot go to other states to earn money and send it home. 

When you work in the US and send money to India, it is income for India. Similarly, when you work in other places in India and send money to Tamil Nadu, it is income for our state.  I pray to God to make the people realize the truth and reality. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.  





No comments :

Post a Comment