Wednesday, July 24, 2019

LOOKING FOR A BLACK CAT IN THE DARK

Funny incidents happen in our day to day life and we should not take them seriously. We must enjoy and also treat them as a lesson for our future guidance. Here is an incident that took place in my life in 2004.

Myself and my wife were living in our house in Chennai.  Our daughter was in US and son in Hyderabad. My daughter was married with two kids and my son was yet to be married. He was 24 and I was on the lookout for an alliance for him.

One day, at about 10 AM, I was reading the newspaper in the lawn and was waiting for the call from my wife for morning meals. Being a Sunday, I was going through the matrimonial column of the paper.

At that time, a cream colour Premier Padmini was parked in front of my house. A middle-aged man and a lady got down from the car and inquired telling my name. I invited them to come inside.

They were taken to the hall and seated on the sofa. The lady gave my wife jasmine flowers and a sweet packet. They were served with snacks, biscuits, and coffee. While the man was silent, the lady started talking. 

She said they could get the horoscope of my son from TTD temple at T.Nagar where I had registered it. They had compared it with the horoscope of their daughter and found to be matching and hence the visit.

Their native place was Kerala but settled in Chennai for more than 50 years. They had a house at Virungampakkam and their daughter was their only child. She was a software engineer, working in Infosys, drawing a good salary.

She casually went near the fridge to take some water and accidentally found the photo of our son kept on the fridge. She inquired whether it was our son. When I said yes, she replied that she liked my son and our family. 

She also gave me the horoscope and a photo of their daughter. She further said, being the only daughter, they would conduct the wedding on a grand scale and that all their property would only go to her.

The girl was reasonably good looking though slightly bulky. We were not very particular about the looks. It was for our son to decide as he was going to marry. We were firm on this point and never wanted to compel him.

I told the lady that I would soon send the photo to my son on Email. It was for him to decide as he was going to marry. We did not wish to interfere with his decision. I was only doing a postman's job. As soon as I got a reply, I would inform them.

After they left the place, I went to the nearby Internet center and sent the photo to our son. After an hour, there was a phone call from him. I took the phone but he only wanted to talk to his mother. He was more close to the mother.

Their conversation did not last long. I could see my wife was not happy after the talk. I patiently waited for my wife to tell me what he had said. Our son had asked her whether the girl was for him or for me? We both had a hearty laugh.

No comments :

Post a Comment