Friday, May 3, 2019

MY FRIEND IND - SUZUKI

In 1984, when TVS group announced booking for their 100cc two-wheeler Ind-Suzuki, my father booked for one paying Rs.500/- He then left us in 1985 and reached the abode of God. In 1986, the offer came from the company. I was 41 then.

                

Though I was not financially sound to accept the offer, I had sentimental feelings that it was booked by my father and I should somehow manage to get it. The cost was about Rs.12000/ and with additional fittings, it came to Rs.15000/ I took a loan and got the vehicle registered.


It was my pride possession and I never allowed anyone to touch it. It was maroon in colour with Regn.No.TCT 3620. Excepting the two tyres and two mirrors, all parts were made in Japan. I rode the vehicle for 20 years until 2006 when I was 61. Then I sold the vehicle since I developed hearing problems.

   

Even after serving me for 20 years, I could sell it for Rs.15000/- since it was in immaculate condition giving 60 kms per litre of petrol. A vehicle was more than a friend to anyone and I still long to see my friend.


While I am on the subject, I wish to narrate an incident that happened while I was in my vehicle. One day, I was driving the vehicle to Anna Nagar from T.Nagar after meeting a friend. It was past 10 pm. I crossed Mahalingapuram and turned left towards Loyola college.


I saw a woman and a man searching for something in the dark in the nearby bushes. I stopped my vehicle and inquired. The woman explained that they were waylaid by miscreants at knifepoint. They escaped with their valuables and threw the key of their two-wheeler into the bushes.


I thought I would have been the victim if I had come earlier. I helped them to retrieve the key and they left the scene after thanking me. It was a lesson for me and thereafter I never went out on two-wheeler during the night after 8 pm either alone or with my wife.

No comments :

Post a Comment