Thursday, May 9, 2019

BIRTHDAY SPECIAL

This morning, Sunday 28th April, I was reading the newspapers in my room. My son came into my room and inquired whether we could go for a movie and dinner in the hotel to celebrate his birthday falling on 30th. Normally, we celebrate a special day on the previous Sunday if it falls during the week.


He did not tell me, nor I inquired about the details and I readily agreed. I give more importance to going out as a family than for the details. Immediately, Rice Pongal and chutney were prepared for breakfast. We started at 10 AM after finishing our morning rituals and breakfast. It was a Telugu movie staring staring 'natural star' Naani. I do not know what the word 'natural' meant.


The story was about the life of a Hyderabadi Cricketer. Since I do not know Telugu, I could not understand the dialogues. There was no subtitles also. I was just wondering why on earth in any movie about Cricket, the hero is always a great batsman and not a bowler or fielder or a wicketkeeper.


After the movie was over, we went to our favourite restaurant 'Chutneys' in Banjara Hills and had lunch to our heart's content. The food was always tasty there. Everyone was happy and we returned home by 3 PM. Of late, though the mind is willing, my body is unable to cooperate and withstand the strain of going out for five long hours, missing my daily nap for an hour at 11 AM.

No comments :

Post a Comment