Friday, August 25, 2017

HUMAN NATURE

HUMANISM

I have suffered a lot in my life. Whenever I was in a critical situation, no one came to my rescue. Instead of feeling revenge on society, I developed a positive attitude by helping those who are in trouble. That gives me a sense of satisfaction and fulfillment.


You may call it Humanism or Humanness. It will take a lifetime for one to acquire this quality. It took me more than 15 years to develop this positive attitude towards fellow humans. Without understanding the feelings of fellow human beings, no one can achieve Godliness. 


It is believed that the Lord resides in every living being. Some people call it a soul. One should be able to see the Lord in others. I can only sympathize with people who seek the blessings of the Lord without developing love and kindness towards fellow humans.


Do not accuse anyone personally, politically or religiously. You are not going to gain anything. Do not use bad or harsh words as it will reflect only your own character. Try to be perfect as far as you are concerned. Believe that God will take care of everything. Then you will have no worry.


Our motto should be to develop love and concern for a person who is physically, financially, intellectually, and emotionally poorer than others. He need not seek the blessings of the Lord. In fact, the Lord will come to bless such people.


HYPOCRISY

1. People eat vada and samosa fried in recycled oil from the roadside kiosks. 
2. Relish dozens of Pani puri filled with dirty water. 
3. Eat pesticide-laden vegetables and fruits. 
4. Pay lot of money to drink a liquid called coke or Pepsi. 
5. Smoke hundreds of cigarettes without any botheration.
6. chew tobacco or jarida and spit on the road carelessly.
7.  Drink gallons of alcohol without any social consideration. 

And all these without having a second thought. But after a doctor writes a prescription, they ask in all seriousness, whether the medicine will have any side effect. What a hypocrisy !!!

HEAD  BATH

There was a time when I used to have a head bath twice daily both in the morning and evening. As I became old, I used to get a cold, headache etc, frequently. This may be due to Eosinophilia disorder. Then I started taking head bath once a week. 


I am always in a dilemma whenever festivals or ceremonies arrived. To perform the Puja, I have to take a head bath. But the consequent fear of getting physical problems forced me to think thrice before taking the head bath.


Today is a festival day. I have to perform Puja. I am in two minds whether to take a head bath or not. I am afraid of what the Lord will do if I don't take a head bath. I went into the bathroom with my mind brooding over it.  I didn't know what happened when I instantly poured the first mug over my head.

No comments :

Post a Comment