Saturday, June 17, 2017

THE SIXTH SENSE

Hi friends,

I notice funny incidents happen during my walk. Normally it involved humans. Today it was animals. A middle-aged lady was walking her pet dog. It was not just an ordinary dog. It was a German Shepherd. It was more than the size of the lady with fur, gait and ferocious look, etc. 


It was the dog actually walking the lady as she could not control it. It looked as if it was long since taken out. Out of fear, I wanted to cross over to the other side of the road. I was held up due to the traffic and in the meanwhile, the dog had come near me and started smelling all over my body.


A chill run down my spine. The lady consoled me not to fear as it was friendly and not of biting type. I crossed over to the other side and saw 3 street dogs, at the corner of the street, seriously discussing to send a petition to the Govt requesting to give prior notice before catching them. 


Suddenly, the GS freed itself from the lady and pounced on the weak street dogs. Two dogs ran away and from a distance barked aloud to show their formal protest on the onslaught. There was a big fight between the two dogs. As usual the weak lost the battle with the GS almost killing it. 


The defeated dog was crying uncontrollably in pain. With great difficulty, the lady retrieved the GS but she did not care about the wounded one. As usual, many people gathered and enjoyed the scene. I did not know what went through in their mind. But I wish to tell you what I thought about it. 


Dogs are friendly with humans but not with dogs of the same kennel group. Then why should they fight with each other instead of being friendly? The GS was so proud since it was well-bred and wanted to show its physical strength. It had the muscle power to destroy the weak street dog. 


Humans are friendly with dogs but not with the same human group. The more powerful, either with money, intelligence or physical strength pounce upon the weak and try to destroy them instead of showing love, affection, sympathy, care, and concern. We should contemplate as we have the sixth sense.

No comments :

Post a Comment