Thursday, June 8, 2017

25TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

I am sitting near the window of the AC coach of the Bangalore Express. My wife in the opposite seat is reading a book. Unlike the sleeper class, the glass partition forbids cool breeze entering the compartment.  I am going to Bangalore to attend the 25th wedding anniversary of my last brother.


It is long since I have come out of my house. Though the mind is willing, the body is not cooperating. I have a sensitive stomach. I cannot eat outside. I have to eat only homely meals. Hence, I do not go out. The freedom is gone. As the train moved forward, my thoughts went in the reverse.


There was a time when I traveled short distance by cycle and long distance by bus. I never traveled by train. After some time, I switched over to the train instead of the bus. But I traveled only by unreserved compartment to avoid the hassles of booking at the station. It was a tedious affair.


After the introduction of computer reservation, I preferred traveling by the sleeper class. I never traveled by AC class for three reasons. 1. It was thrice costly 2. I do not like the blankets and pillows given for the journey.3. There was a fear of fire accident due to electrical short-circuiting.


Then, my son booked the tickets online. He insisted on our traveling by AC class. I rejected it outright for the above reasons and also that I did not want him to incur more expenditure. With my wife standing on his side, I had no other alternative but to yield to his request.


We are 6 brothers and 3 sisters. My mother is 92. She is always interested in celebrating the 25th wedding anniversary of each of her children with all festive and fanfare. It was started in the year 1996 for her first son. All of us assemble with our family to make it a big occasion. 


It is celebrated like a real wedding to make our mother happy. Gifts are given to the couple. Dinner is arranged from outside. There will be fun, dining, chatting, singing, joking, and gossiping, etc. We all enjoy the whole day and return home in the night. The expenses are equally shared by the siblings. 


This brother is the youngest and he is younger to me by 18 years. He was born in 1963 when I was doing my degree. I carried him as a baby. I taught him how to walk. I got him rockets when he was a boy. When I got married, he was 11. Now he is an engineer from CIT, Coimbatore. 


He wanted to be on his own. He is now a successful businessman. However, pride has not gone into his head. He is simple, pious. humble, respectful, jovial, friendly, adore the mother, brothers, sisters, and family and he is philanthropic. He has a wonderful wife and two excellent boys. MAY GOD BLESS HIM.



No comments :

Post a Comment