Thursday, June 15, 2017

HOW WE GOT OUR DIL?

One should marry a person suitable for his/her attitude and not to his/her liking. There are rich/poor, beautiful/not beautiful, educated/not educated, employed/not employed, city/rural, emotional/intellectual boys, and girls of 12 types. Everyone has a plus and minus. You have to select the person suitable for your attitude. In 2004, when my son was 24, I started looking for a girl. I always carried his horoscope, bio-date, and photograph with me.


I and my wife attended a wedding in Tiruchy in 2007. I saw a beautiful girl sitting beside a lady. When I inquired, the lady said the girl was her neighbour's daughter and that her elder sister was for marriage. I gave her my son's horoscope, biodata, and photo to be given to the father of the girl. 


I got an e-mail from the father advising that the horoscopes were matching along with a horoscope and photo of the girl. I found her star was very good and her horoscope was blemishless. But my wife, son, and daughter were reluctant to give their approval. I told them we should not decide based on the photo but we should see the girl in person.


I and my wife went on 5th April to see the girl. My wife liked the girl. That was important. She was good looking, educated, employed, middle class, and from rural. Since my son would not be able to come to their place to see the girl, I requested the father whether he could bring the girl to Chennai. 


As he had no contacts in Chennai, I suggested he could come and stay at my house. As my son was coming on 12th to attend his friend's wedding, he could plan to come by that date. I told him if my son liked the girl, he will bear his expenses. If my son rejected the girl, I shall bear all his expenses.


They arrived on the 11th morning. Initially, he wanted to stay in a lodge. On my persuasion, they stayed with us and got ready on the 12th morning. They stayed in one of the two bedrooms. The other one was my son's. He arrived on the 12th at 6 AM. He had coffee and went to his room to get ready for the wedding. 


After some time, he came out well dressed. At that time, I told him that the girl was waiting in the other bedroom and he could talk to her for five minutes and then go for the wedding. The girl's parents and sister were seated in the hall with us. Cursing me and my wife, he reluctantly went into the bedroom to see the girl.


He did not come out within five minutes. They came out after one and a half hours and declared in chorus that they have decided to marry. They are now leading a happy life with a wonderful daughter. Even for the delivery of the child, my DIL stayed with my wife for 6 months. She had won the hearts of all my family members. MAY GOD BLESS HER.



No comments :

Post a Comment