Saturday, June 3, 2017

I DO NOT HELP MY WIFE

Hi friends,


A friend came to my house for coffee. We talked about life. In the middle of the conversation, I told him "please wait for some time as I have to wash the dishes in the kitchen". He was surprised. He then said: "I am glad you help your wife but I do not help because my wife does not praise me".


I told him that I did not "help" my wife. Actually, my wife does not need any help, she only needs a partner. I am a partner at home. I clean the house because I live here. I cook because I want to eat. I wash the dishes because I use those dishes. I help my children as a father. I wash, spread or fold clothes because the clothes are mine and my children. I am part of the house. 


I asked my friend when was the last time did you praise your wife and said "thank you, sweetheart! You are fantastic" Does that sound absurd to you? When you expected her to praise, you never thought about praising her, because you thought everything was her job. Perhaps you have been taught that all this must be done without your moving the little finger. 


Praise her as you wanted to be praised, in the same way, with the same intensity. Give her a hand, behave like a true companion, not as a guest who only comes to eat, sleep, bathe and satisfy needs. Feel at home. It is your house. The real change in the society should begin from the home, let us teach our children the real meaning of responsibility.





No comments :

Post a Comment