Thursday, July 6, 2017

SAVING IN SHAVING

Hi friends,

Until I was employed, I used only my father's plastic razor, Bharath blade and alum stone for shaving. He taught me the nuances of shaving. "Move the razor downward and not sideways" was the mantra. I had few cuts initially but alum stone miraculously stopped the bleeding.


I used to curse him for being so stingy in using cheap items. When I started earning, I realized the reality and continued to follow his style. No question of doubting a father's wisdom. I used to get a small piece of alum stone for 25 paise at Nainiappa Naicken street in Broadway, Chennai.


Are you using Alum stone as an aftershave? Many of you may not even be aware of it. Its chemical name is hydrated potassium aluminum sulphate. It is available in chemical shops. It is cheap, anti-microbial, protects skin from cuts and lasts long.


I have been using it for 60 years. At times, I use Dettol if I do not get alum stone. My cheeks are clear without the greenish tinge and even now it remains like that of a baby. Many of you must be using costly aftershave which contains harmful chemicals affecting the skin.


This morning, when I finished my shave, my Alum and Dettol were missing in their place. I am a strict disciplinarian and I do not tolerate my items to be displaced. This rule is relaxed only for my granddaughter who normally does not touch my items excepting pen.


I was about to call for my wife but I could control on time fearing repercussions. When I politely inquired with my DIL, she said that my wife had thrown out everything and purchased a new Old Spice aftershave in Musk flavour. Probably, she wants me to enjoy the rest of my life.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

No comments :

Post a Comment