Thursday, July 13, 2017

GOD ANSWERS SINCERE PRAYERS

Hi friends,

1979, I was 34, sitting on the porch of my 1 BHK rented apartment and sipping coffee at 7 AM. My 3-year-old cute little daughter was sitting on my lap and relishing few sips. She was very fond of coffee. The flat owner was at Thanjavur and the caretaker was few buildings away.


At that time, the caretaker who was crossing my house inquired whether I had remitted the rent in the bank. I told him you are only interested in the rent but never cared about the house. I told him to check the account and not to shout from the middle of the road for others to hear.


I was upset and thought about how long I could pay rent. At that moment, I decided to own a house at any cost. I took a day's leave and went to the Tamil Nadu Housing Board and met the secretary Mr Chakravarthy. He gave me a list of 33 plots at AnnaNagar of which I selected one.


My wife's relative Mr Rajaraman who was working there helped me to get the allotment order. I paid through a cooperative loan and became a proud owner of a piece of land. My father had dreams of owning a house and he was so happy about my buying a plot and was ready to help me.


I took a loan from LIC under OYHS and started constructing the house with physical help from my father. He could not extend any financial help. LIC was paying only in instalments for the work done. It was a tedious job to carry on the work and also to get the payment from LIC.


I was getting a salary of Rs. 1000. I had to pay LIC premium 100, Interest 200, house rent 150, for parents 100, coop society 100, watchman 100. I was left with only 250 to run the family. I suffered a lot to manage without taking any hand loan. My wife steered the boat efficiently.


In those days, we have to buy the building materials and pay for labour for the work done every Saturday. With great difficulty, I was able to rotate the money from LIC. On one occasion, LIC delayed the payment and I did not have enough money to pay for the labour.


If I did not pay for the labour on Saturday, workers would not turn up on Monday and they would go elsewhere. It would be difficult to get them back and work would get delayed. With a low budget, I could not afford any delay. My father could not help me. I prayed to the Lord sincerely.


On Friday, I was clueless. I did not wish to pledge my wife's jewels. I never asked for money from others due to self-respect. At 9 PM, God sent my brother. He gave Rs.7000 to my father being the sale value of the motorcycle, my father got him earlier, as a car was provided by his bank.


My father gave me the money so that work could continue. I returned the money after getting it from LIC. When you are honest, sincere and truthful in your prayers, God will always come to your rescue at the proper place and at the proper time. MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

No comments :

Post a Comment