Wednesday, July 19, 2017

MY LOVE AFFAIRS

Hi friends,

Bachelor life is always full of dreams both good and bad. I was no exception. I had an inherent sympathy and kindness towards physically challenged persons. Hence, I had the ambition to marry such a girl and to make her happy in life. 


When I was 27, my parents were looking for a suitable girl for my marriage. I was alone in Chennai. I used to casually go thro the matrimonial column in The Hindu on Sundays to find a girl of my choice. An advt was to my expectation and I wanted to pursue further.


I talked to the father of the girl over the phone. We agreed to meet at a hotel in the evening. On my request, he came with his daughter also. The girl was fair, shy, good looking, educated, healthy, working in Central Govt in Tenampet as UDC and was about 5 years younger to me. 


The father was a nice man. He was working in a bank. The girl's left leg was slightly twisted at the ankle and was short in length making her limp. I liked her and told her father that I would come back after getting clearance from my parents. I met my parents and explained to them.


My father gave me a long lecture about our family conditions and the problems of marrying a physically challenged and working girl and brainwashed me. Due to attachment to the family and considering my responsibility as an elder son, I had to bury my ambition and informed the girl's father politely.


I used to go to office by route 11 or 11A from T.Nagar to Mount Road in Chennai. One day, it was fully crowded and only one seat in the three-seater facing the rear entrance was vacant. I got the ticket and took that seat. I saw a beautiful girl sitting to my left on the last seat. 


No word could express her beauty. She just looked holy in a beautiful saree. All the eyes on the bus were only on her. I had never seen such beauty in my life. Instantly, I fell in love with her. When she got down at TVS, Oh my God, why are you so merciless? so cruel? Do you have a heart? 


All the people on the bus simply cried when she got down from the bus. She did not have the left leg below the knee and she managed with a wooden artificial leg. Her friend, carrying a crutch, helped her to get down. My heart was broken into pieces. Afterward, I tried to locate her but I could not. I guessed she belonged to a middle-class family.


After about 2 years, I saw her in Pondy bazaar opposite to Nalli. She was clad in a silk saree with jasmine flowers. She was getting down from an Ambassador car. She was 9 months pregnant. Her husband and MIL helped her on both sides. I was so happy that there were people with similar ambitions to me. I saluted the man who had married her. MAY GOD BLESS THEM.

No comments :

Post a Comment