Saturday, February 15, 2020

THE WOMEN IN MY FAMILY

My parents were not in favour of working women as daughters-in-law for their sons. Though educated, none of their daughters was employed also. So I married a girl who was not well educated nor employed. We had two children, a daughter and son, lived within my income and our life was smooth and pleasant.

In those days, the woman was respected only when her husband was alive. If anything happened to her husband, she became a widow and she was not respected nor received either in her husband's family nor her parents. Hence I was worried about my wife and children in case anything happened to me.

To provide and protect my wife, I planned to construct a house in such a way, she could rent out a portion and live out of the rent received. I also planned to educate my children, especially my daughter, so that she need not be at the mercy of anyone in case anything untoward happened to her after her marriage.

She studied well and did her Engineering and also an MBA. Teaching was her passion and she preferred to take it as her career. Later, she got married and settled in the US. She established her own institution and she is now making good money. So I have no worries about her.

My son also studied well and married a good girl. She is also well educated and she preferred doing business. She has established her own shop selling jewelry and various items for women. She is also doing well in her profession making a good income. So I have no worry about her.

I am glad, I have succeeded in my ambition as they are looking after me and my wife with great love, respect, regard, and affection. I am confident that they can stand on their own legs in case of any eventuality. They have children and are leading a happy life and are educating them also.

Nowadays, education is a must for secure and happy living, especially for women. The only important aspect to be noted is that success should not go into their heads and make them arrogant, assertive, authoritative and aggressive in which case their life will get doomed.

No comments :

Post a Comment