Thursday, November 28, 2019

VENU BOCHELA A FRIEND INDEED

Hi friends,

In Tamil Sangam Literature, there was a king by name KopperunCholan and a poet Pisirandhaiyar.  The king was fond of poets and their poems. He was so fascinated by the poems of Pisirandhaiyar. Similarly, the poet also was fascinated by the King and his qualities. They both became friends mentally but had never met.

Since his own children raised against him, the king wanted to leave his life, by doing Vadakkiruthal. A platform made of sand was raised in the middle of a river, and the person sat on the platform facing North, and leave his life by starving. The king also wanted to leave his life by that method. At that time, he said his poet friend would also come and join him and ordered to raise another platform for him also. At the last moment, the poet hearing the news came and joined him in leaving the world together. Such was their friendship.

On 18th Nov 2015, my son posted an item on friendship on FaceBook. I commented on it. Seeing my comment, his friend Shri Venu Bochela sent a friend request which I immediately accepted at 5-40 PM. He was a colleague of my son and later he went to a different company for better prospects. From that day onward, we have become friends in the real sense of the term. He is 43 and I am 72 and we have never met. 

Not a single day passed, without having a chat on FaceBook. He gets up at 5 AM. He has his wife, two boys, and parents. He leads a happy and planned life. When you meet in person, you can see the body language. Though we are contacting on the Internet, I could see his body language. He is so polite, friendly, respectful, affectionate, open and without secrets, and pious. I can go on be adding words for his qualities. He has no reservation in telling anything personal to me.

We never had the opportunity of meeting. That day was a distant dream. Meanwhile, he has become more than a son to me. Yesterday, 27th Nov exactly after one year, I was so happy when he informed me that he would be visiting us in the evening at 4 PM. By 3 pm, I was restless and I was looking at the clock every now and then. My wife was mocking at me for my anxiety. Then, finally, his car came and all the four of them arrived.

I went out to meet him near the car. We both hugged each other and I could feel the love and friendship in the hug. His wife was smiling at us hugging each other and we went inside. Though they stayed only for two hours, we had a hearty talk, and his wife also equally participated. His children and my granddaughter were playing together. Actually, it does not look like he has come to my son's house but only to see me.

Then, they left and the vacuum is created. I do not know when I will be meeting him again. I felt as if I missed a son. He and his wife invited us to come to their house and he also said he would come to pick up. Then he hugged me again before leaving. I felt this time it is more intense. 

Venu refers to the oldest musical instrument flute, made of bamboo which Lord Krishna is having with him always. Bochela is his family name and on the Internet, it's meaning is connected to confidence, assertiveness, and creativity.


No comments :

Post a Comment