Wednesday, February 10, 2016

HOW TO IMPRESS YOUR BOSS

Hi friends,

Most of us are well employed. It is important that one should impress his boss to go up in life. I know most of you are doing this. Everyone has his own way of doing it. I give you an incident about how an employee impressed his boss differently.

A well-qualified young man wanted to settle overseas. He applied for a salesman's post in a premier department store. It was the biggest store in the world where you get anything from a pin to a pumpkin. He was interviewed, got selected, and joined duty.

On the first day, his boss asked him whether he had any previous experience. 

He replied," Yes sir, I have worked as a salesman in India." 

The boss liked him and said "you can start tomorrow. Learn quickly. I wish you all success.

The first day was difficult and somehow he managed. 

In the evening,  before pulling down the shutters, the boss called and asked him,

"how you were doing and how many sales did you make today."

"Sir, I made one sale" he replied rather happily.

" Only one sale" shot back the boss. "No no, it is too bad, Most of the staff make 20 or 30 sales a day. If you want to keep the job, you should do better and show more sales." 

"By the way, tell me what is the value of the one sale you made today"

"933005 Pounds Sir" he replied.

"What? What on earth you are saying. How did you manage that much in one sale?"The boss was stunned by his answer.

"Sir, actually a man came to buy something. I sold him a  fishing hook".

"Then I sold him a fishing rod and some fishing gear"

"Then I asked him where he was going to fish? and he said "on the coast"

"I told him if he is fishing on the coast, he may need a boat. I took him to the boat dept and sold him a 20 feet boat with twin engines"

"Then he said he has come in his Volkswagen which won't be able to carry the boat."  So I took him to our Automobile division and sold him a new Deluxe 4x4 Blazer."

Then I asked him "where he will be staying in the coast? He said he has not decided. I took him to our camping dept. and sold him a six-sleeper camping tent."

Then, to stay in a tent,  he bought groceries for 200 pounds and two cases of beer.

The boss looked at him in great astonishment, and asked him " you sold all these things to a guy who came to buy a fishing hook?

"No sir, actually he came to buy some tablet for his headache, but I told him and convinced him that fishing is the best cure for headache than taking tablets"

The boss asked him," Where did you work in India"

He replied," Sir, "I was an agent in Life Insurance Corporation of India"

The boss replied "Please take my chair, I want to join your old organization"

[Original modified]


No comments :

Post a Comment