Monday, December 11, 2023

Random thoughts 1926 to 1940.

1926. Marriage is purely an accident that happens unintentionally. For some it is minor and for some it is major.


1927. The one who says he is smart, gets more work. The one who says he is not smart, gets less work. But their pay is the same.


1928. What is happiness or enjoying life? Is it living for oneself or living for dear ones? If we live for ourselves, will not the dear ones disown us?


1929. Boon means “a thing that is beneficial or helpful” and bane is something that causes distress or annoyance.


1930. “He and his wife” is correct but “I and my wife” is wrong. It is “my wife and I” if it acts as subject or “my wife and me” if it acts as object.


1931. “Wrong” is something that is not morally, ethically or informatively right. “Incorrect” is something that is not technically accurate or true. 


1932. When anyone talks to me, I patiently listen to him till he finishes. I don’t interrupt him. I also expect similar gesture from him when I am talking.


1933. Making comparisons, holding grudges and complaints, avoiding challenges and risks prevents a person from being truly happy in life.


1934. During a phone talk, if a person intervenes, we ignore him. During a personal talk, if a phone intervenes, we don’t ignore the phone. Why?


1935. Dog with 5 senses fights with dog but friendly with man with 6 senses. Man with 6 senses fights with man but friendly with dog with 5 senses.


1936. A cousin is a child of the uncle or aunt. This person can also be called the FIRST cousin. 


1937. A child of the cousin of one of your parents is called a SECOND cousin. 


1938. Someone who is related to you through a brother, sister, uncle, or aunt of one of your parents is a DISTANT cousin. 


1939. A NIECE is a daughter of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law.


1940. A NEPHEW is a son of one's brother or sister, or of one's brother-in-law or sister-in-law.








No comments :

Post a Comment