Saturday, December 2, 2023

Random thoughts 1896 to 1910.

1896. There was a time when I did not know how to use western closets. Now I am unable to use Indian closets. Aging takes a big toll.


1897. What people do when they sight a cockroach? Do they love the insect? Everyone has a killing instinct. Can anyone deny it?


1898. A person who can raise a question for which he does not know the answer, but is able to get the answer from others is called an intellectual.


1899. The more and more we have of a thing, the less and less we want to have more of it. Does  this rule in Economics apply to money?


1900. It is zero degrees outside today. It is expected to be twice as cold tomorrow. How cold it would be tomorrow?


1901. It is worthwhile to spend at least ten percent of our income on philanthropic causes to ensure the blessings of God.


1902. There are just three alternatives in life. 1. We could have done this already. 2. We should at least do this now. 3. We need not have done this.


1903. Whenever I wish to share some information with my family, I end up receiving more information from them on the same subject.


1904. I used to feel proud that I am the most disciplined person on earth. Later on, I understood that it is the root cause of all my sufferings.


1905. We do not close our eyes just because we are not able to see in the dark. We observe more closely. It applies to life situations also.


1906. Knowledge and qualification are different. Without knowledge, qualification is of no value. Without qualification, knowledge is of no use.


1907. If we make our worries permanent, we are sick. If we make them temporary, we are intelligent. If we have no worries, we are a saints.


1908. I don’t damn fear anything in this world. However, I wonder that the most fearsome moment of my life is when I cut my nails. 


1909. Numerous means many which we can count. Innumerous means too many, that we cannot count or that is indefinitely numerous.


1910. The word “produce” acts as a verb and noun. When it is a verb (ப்ரொட்யூஸ்) it means “to make”. When it is a noun (ப்ராட்யூஸ்) it means “the product”.

No comments :

Post a Comment