Sunday, December 5, 2021

A FEW LINES ABOUT ME

1. I am 76. I have never indulged in politics in my lifetime. Politics is different from government. I follow what the government says and not the politicians. I pay attention only to the actions of the government that affects my day-to-day life. Both the politicians and the people are bad. One comes from the other. Unless the people change, nothing will change. Only God has to save this country.

2. Previously on a cellphone, there were fixed call charges for a time duration. There was also no validity period. We can fix any plan according to our needs.

Then came Whatsapp which allowed free calls and free messaging without any restrictions. But we must have an Internet phone connection. Hence the service providers were forced to introduce unlimited calls and fixed the period for different plans.

I do not find any usefulness in having Whatsapp as we can now make unlimited calls and send messages. Whatsapp only helps people overseas to talk to their friends and relatives without spending money. But it is intriguing why the local people send messages instead of talking.

I feel it badly misses the personal touch. I am also not proficient in writing messages. Hence I am thinking of deleting Whatsapp from my phone. People who want to contact me may call me over the phone.

3. It is said, early to bed and early to rise, make a person healthy, wealthy, and wise. Some people find it difficult to get sleep even till midnight. Good sleep is inevitable for good health. The brain secretes an enzyme called Melatonin to help to get sleep. It starts secreting at 9 o’clock till midnight. The quantity secreted is about 0.14 mg per day. When people become old, they do not get sleep due to insufficient melatonin. If they resort to taking sleeping tablets their health will get affected. They should try natural ways to get sleep. This involves physical exercises, meditation, yoga, and diet. Melatonin is available as supplements in various grades like 1 mg, 3 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg. People who still find it difficult to get sleep may try melatonin 1 mg for a short period instead of taking sleeping pills. Please consult your doctor and decide on a further course of action.

4. Since I am hearing impaired, I do not see TV. I may see movies occasionally if I get subtitles. But I cannot enjoy the background score and the songs.

I can see news channels but it is boring since they go on repeating the same news for a long time. I am not much interested in politics also.

Buying a newspaper is another option but I can buy only one newspaper and moreover my eyesight is poor due to cataracts.

Hence, I read newspapers online. I get up daily at 6 am. After coffee. I peruse the newspapers online on my iPhone for two hours and whenever I am free.

I read only the headlines and I read important news in detail. I have downloaded 11 newspaper apps. They are:

1. Dhina Thanthi. 2. Dhina Malar, 3. Dhinakaran, 4. Hindu Tamil, 5. Times of India, 6. The Hindu, 7. In-shorts, 8. CNN, 9. BBC News, 10. Reuter’s, 11. Google news.

I am able to get all the news both Indian and foreign. I need USA news since my daughter is living there. In case you are interested, you may download the apps and enjoy all the news.

5. நான் ஆன்மீகத்தையும் ரசிப்பேன், லௌகீகத்தையும் ரசிப்பேன். வெய்யிலையும் ரசிப்பேன், மழையையும் ரசிப்பேன். கருப்பையும் ரசிப்பேன், வெள்ளையையும் ரசிப்பேன். கர்னாடிக் பாடல்களையும் ரசிப்பேன், சினிமா பாடல்களையும் ரசிப்பேன். ஒன்பது கஜ புடவையையும் ரசிப்பேன், ஜீன்ஸையும் ரசிப்பேன். வேஷ்டியையும் ரசிப்பேன், பான்டையும் ரசிப்பேன். பஸ் பிரயாணத்தையும் ரசிப்பேன், விமானப் பிரயாணத்தையும் ரசிப்பேன். விருந்தையும் ரசிப்பேன், பத்தியத்தையும் ரசிப்பேன். எனக்கு எதிலும் வித்யாசம் தெரியாது. எல்லாம் ஒன்றுதான். எல்லாவற்றையும் கடந்தவன் நான். 

No comments :

Post a Comment