Saturday, January 14, 2017

WITHIN FOUR FRAMES

Hi friends,


A few days back a person well known to me is no more. He is also a distant relative. I do not know why I have been thinking about him continuously for the past two days. Whenever I am idle, my thoughts go to him. He is much younger to me. 


I should have gone before him. I don't know how I lost in the race. As a matter of fact, nobody knows. He is a good man. A very pious man. A religious man. Far better than me. He has brought up his two children and they are well settled in life. 


He has a wonderful wife to take care of him and three grandchildren to play with. All of a sudden he has gone creating a vacuum in his place. His wife will find it difficult to manage without him. Among the two of them, when one is gone, the other always suffers. 


Loneliness kills. What for this life is meant? My thoughts go wild. We eat different foods, wear different dresses, see different films, talk about spiritualism, religion, politics, and other gossips, etc. We do so many things without having even an iota of thinking about our last day. 


In Mahabharat, the great Yudhishtra, while answering the questions of the Yatchan, said even after seeing so many people die, one thinks that he is going to live long, is the greatest wonder of the world. What happens when the number of counts of breaths assigned to us is over? 


No one knows for sure where we will go and what will happen to us. Have we done anything good for society for others to remember us after the inevitable? That is the purpose of life. Have we made our parents happy? Have we helped anyone poorer? 


Have we lived a life like a real human being? That is what matters the most. Otherwise, we will only be hanging on the wall WITHIN FOUR FRAMES. You like it?


COMMENTS


Gowri Ramkumar

10:41 PM (9 hours ago)
to me
Dear Mama,
Very nicely written. Thought-provoking as well.  

You are right - we don't think of our last day, although we should.  
We will be hanging within the frames for a few years (maybe?). In all probability, that also will be tossed out after a few more years.  

I will try to be a better person.

Love,
Gow


..

No comments :

Post a Comment