Thursday, June 10, 2021

OUR PET TROY

We have two grandsons through our daughter and one granddaughter through our son. The first grandson Chi Pranav is 21, and the second Chi. Keshav is 16. They are living in the US. Unlike the Americans, they did not have any pet animals to care for. Both the grandsons are close to me and my wife.


A few years back, Keshav wanted to have a dog but his demand was rejected by his parents. When we visited them in 2015, he requested me and my wife to convince his parents to get a dog for him. My wife is fond of dogs as her parents were having a German Shepherd. So she was supporting Keshav.


I was not in favour of his owning a dog, not because I hate the animal but because of my love for the animal. No animal can stand before a dog in showing love towards its master. Unfortunately, its life span is only about 15 to 20 years and the agony of separation is unbearable.


Hence I explained to him the pros and consequences of owning a dog. He listened to me patiently. But I did not know then what was in his mind. To our great surprise, we came to know, after a few days of our leaving the US, they got a Siberian Husky puppy for him and he was happy.


He was named TROY, after the city in Michigan, where they lived before. He is 5 years old now. He is beautiful, affectionate, obliging, friendly, obedient, well behaved, and not of biting type. He would not even bark unless he needs to answer the call of nature or to take him for a walk.


He takes his food on time and never falls sick. When his feeding time comes, he will scratch our leg to show that he is hungry. The price of a Siberian Husky in India is about Rs. 40,000 to 90,000. They bought him for US$ 1000.


You can see our TROY in the attached photograph. How beautiful he is !!! 



No comments :

Post a Comment