Thursday, February 16, 2017

MY WIFE TOLD ME TO MARRY AGAIN

Hi friends,


When you ask a man who you love the most or who is very important to you, he will say outwardly that it is his mother but inwardly it is his wife. For many, the wife is the most wonderful person on earth. Recently, a friend of mine inquired about my wife as to how my sweet 16 is whereas she is actually my sweet 69.


Nowadays, I find my wife indifferent. She is not in her usual self. I find her busy helping the daughter-in-law with the domestic chores, playing all the time with the granddaughter, and talking to her son. She is not attending to me as before. When I pointed out this, you know what she said? Ridiculous. SHE ASKED ME TO MARRY AGAIN if I am unhappy.


I never expected this rebuttal. The woman has her own way of reprimanding the man. The poor fellow can do nothing. The human mind is a devil's paradise. If something bad has entered, it goes on brooding over it until a solution is found. I am no exception. I also started thinking if I am eligible now to marry again at 72? What a shame !! My status will nosedive.


People will mock me. I will become a scapegoat. What do other family members, brothers and sisters, their spouses,  children, grandchildren, friends and above all my son-in-law and daughter-in-law will think about me? I swear,  I do not have any such crooked idea but my mind does not keep quiet. My wife has stirred the hornets' nest.


I asked her who will come forward to marry me at this age? She said I am handsome and smart, hale and healthy, intelligent, without any ailments, without any vices and above all well propertied. I wonder if she knows more about me than I know. Lord Hanuman knew his strength only after another told him about it.


My crooked mind keeps wandering. It started justifying the wrong as right. Lord Rama showed in one avatar how one should be devoted to one's wife and should not think about another woman. The same Lord has shown in another avatar, Krishna, how a person should be able to manage two wives. After all, I am going to do it in one birth.


After all deliberations, I was helpless. I have the habit of consulting my wife when I am in a dilemma. I just wanted to show this piece of writing to her to find out how she reacts. As usual, she read this slowly and steadily, smiled gorgeously, squeezed my neck, and winked at me passionately as if we are lovers. I have understood. I am clean bowled neck and crop. I shall marry her again.

No comments :

Post a Comment