Thursday, January 21, 2016

ONLY THE CHILD MAKES THE PARENT

Hi friends,

When we lose something, our feeling for the loss is considerable. What would be the severity of the feeling if we lose our first child? It will be heart-wrenching. We lost our first child and we suffered the loss for more than a year. 


We got consolation only when the second child was in the offing. This time, we took the maximum precaution to avoid any eventuality. I decided to be with her positively at the time of delivery and to take her to the doctor well in time without leaving her under the care of a midwife. 


On the early morning of 24th Aug 1976, she developed labor pains. We took her to the hospital. As the doctor said the delivery would be only by the next morning we brought her home.  During the night, the contractions were frequent. We took her again to the hospital at 4 AM on the next day. 


25th Aug is a special day for me. In the early hours of 25th Aug 1976, my father and myself were anxiously awaiting near the labor room of a small maternity clinic in Srirangam, Tiruchy, praying to Lord Ranganathar to bless my wife for safe delivery.


We prayed that no untoward incident should take place. My father and myself were looking at our watches for the delivery to take place at an auspicious time. You cannot put it in words the tension, anxiety, and agony, I experienced at that time. 


Finally, the cry of the baby came through the windows of the hospital as if Lord Krishna was blowing his conch Panchajanya. The nurse came out and informed us that it was a baby girl. The star was Magam which is a good one. God is great. 


The delivery was normal. I am a proud father of a cute little girl. I have to thank her for making me a father because only the child makes the parent. That little girl is now 40 and she has two wonderful sons and she is leading a great life in the US.


Every 25th Aug, all people are wishing her happy birthday, but I thank her for making me a father. Long live my dear daughter.




1 comment :